for balanced representation on Guelph City Council
Ways to support the Michelle's campaign
Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that will overwhelm the world – Desmond Tutu
Of course the best way to support Michelle is to vote but there are many other ways too! The ask in politics is Can you spare some time, talent or treasure?
The best way to win votes is to talk to voters - It can sound daunting but it’s simply a friendly conversation
- Door knocking - Join Michelle any time before October 24th
- Call from the comfort of your home following a simple guide
- Reach out to family and friends in Ward 1 – that’s anyone east of Victoria Road
- Help fundraise
Not ready for canvassing? No problem – there’re still lots of ways to help out!
- Request a lawn sign– We’re using reusable bags to cut down on plastic
- Write a brief endorsement of Michelle that she can share along with your picture
- Put up, manage and take down lawn signs or deliver literature
- Enter data that the canvassers collect at the door
Super Saturdays are when we need as many volunteers as we can get – we encourage you to bring your kids and pets!
- Make lunch or dinner for the team
- Walk with the canvassers and deliver literature
- Wave signs, chalk the campaign swirl on sidewalks, play music
- Take pictures or videos
Fun and family friendly ways to support Michelle are limited only by your imagination!
- Set up a craft table – spinners are fun!
- Paint a themed sign (Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+) to post in Ward 1
- Bake a batch of dog cookies that Michelle and Misty can hand out
- Host a backyard chat to introduce Michelle to potential supporters
- Fundraise $100 with your favorite activity (bake sale, yoga classes, bike-a-thon)
Only have a few seconds?
- Follow Michelle on social media and like, share, comment and tag
- Hand out campaign literature to potential supporters you bump into
- Put a sign on your bike or car
- Paint the campaign swirl on you shirt or sidewalk